Malaysia has introduced visa on arrival for Indian tourists (VOA). The Visa on Arrival for indians facility can be used only by those travelling to Malaysia from a third country namely Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia holding valid visas for the respective countries and having confirmed return tickets to India. You cannot walk in directly at the immigration counter and ask for a Malaysia tourist visa if you are arriving from India.
What is meant by Malaysia visa on arrival for Indians?
Indians arriving directly from Indonesia, Singapore or Thailand and hold valid visa of those countries can obtain a visa on arrival for a maximum stay of 7 days (that cannot be extended) at Kuala Lumpur–International (KUL), Johor Bahru (JHB), Kota Kinabalu (BKI), Kuching (KCH) and Penang (PEN), provided they hold return flight tickets and at least USD 1000 per person. The visa fee is 395 Malaysian ringgit, other currency not accepted as visa fee. Boarding pass or tickets are required to prove that you have arrived from a specific country
Can Indians get visa on Arrival to Malaysia?
If u need to enter Malaysia on visa on arrival ,You need to enter via a third country namely Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia holding valid visas for the respective countries and having confirmed return tickets to India .
But yes you can get Malaysia visa on arrival if you meet certain conditions. Please refer the requirements for visa on arrival below
Requirements for Malaysia visa on Arrival for Indians
Indian passport holders can get Malaysia visa on arrival if they have the below listed requirements
- a valid tourist visa for either Thailand, Singapore or Indonesia.
- a valid return ticket to India.
- Should have at least USD 1000 with you to show as proof of sustenance during your stay in Malaysia.
If you satisfy the above conditions you can get visa on arrival at the following entry points:
- Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA)
- Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 (KLIA2)
- Bayan Lepas International Airport, Pulau Pinang
- Sultan Ismail, Senai Airport, Johor
- Kota Kinabalu International Airport, Sabah.
- Kuching International Airport, Sarawak.
- Tuas – Sultan Abu Bakar Complex (Second Link) ONLY
Why not to prefer Malaysia visa on Arrival for indians?
Indians can now get Malaysia eVISA or Malaysia eNTRI visa at their fingertips through www.visamalaysia.in. The easiest way to get Malaysia.
All you need is to submit us a scanned copy of the passport and a photo of the applicant standing and we can get their visa approved within the next 2 to 3 days max.
The reasons to avoid getting Malaysia visa on Arrival is:
- The cost: Malaysia visa on arrival for Indians costs USD 100 (RM 330) for each visa whereas the normal online visa will cost with us is less than the half of that.
- Single Entry: Once you exit Malaysia, your visa gets expired. But if u want travel and explore the country in a good manner better take evisa.
- Only 7 days stay allowed: You are allowed to stay in Malaysia only for 7 days. Even the cheapest Malaysia online visa allows you to stay for at least 15 days.
- Complications. You need to have a valid visa from either Singapore, Indonesia or Thailand to be eligible for visa on arrival.
- Queue. You need to wait for hours to get your visa since the queue is too long.
Hence, make use of visa on arrival in urgent and ultra-emergency cases only. You can make use of our service and get the entri / evisa from www.visamalaysia.in
How to apply for Malaysia Visa online for Indians through visamalaysia.in
There are mainly three types of Malaysia visa for Indians provided for Tourism and business purpose only.
All the visas below are valid for up to 3 months from the date of issue
Types of Malaysia Tourist Visas for Indians are as Follows:
Malaysia eNTRI visa (single entry only, allowed upto 15 days of stay)
Malaysia SEV 30 days (single entry only, allowed upto 30 days of stay)
Malaysia MEV 30 days (Multiple entry only, allowed upto 30 days of stay)
Cost of Malaysia visa for Indians
Documents Required for Malaysia eVisa and eNTRI visa for Indians
Both visas have the same requirements for Indian passport holders
- You need Valid Indian passport with validity of at least 6 months and at least 2 empty pages for both exit and entry stamps
- You also need a scanned photograph of the applicant. This image must be 35mm X50 mm width. Ask your local photo studio to get the scanned image as per specifications. If you are applying for Malaysia eVisa or eNTRI from us, then our visa experts will use the designers to ensure the photo is of right specifications.But even we need a photo of similar specification which can be redesigned according to the specification. Documents should either in png/jpg format. Majority of the visa applications are rejected due to improper documents.so don’t take risk. Better to consult a visa experts like us and proceed with the visa procedures. If u are applying through us we will take care of all the above. You just have to scan and sent us the documents else our visa experts and team will take care.
- Colour scanned copies of passport front and back pages.
- Flight and hotel bookings (if and only if u have booked or else we will take care of the bookings for visa purpose and you can book your own after u get the visa approved)
- Birth certificates ( applicable only for minors aged below 14 years)
How easy is to apply Malaysia visa through visamalaysia.in
It’s really easy to apply through us.
- Just have to fill our simple form and submit. We will get back to you by email.
- Then you have to send the documents and make payment.
- We will process the visa and get back to you as soon as possible.
Processing Time for Malaysia visa
Malaysia eNTRI visa:
Malaysia eNTRI visa is the fast approving visa. we can provide eNTRI visa in less than a time span of 24 hrs after you get us the documents and payment.
NOTE: eNTRI visa can be applied once in 3 months. eNTRI visa is only applicable for those who are enter and exit Malaysia from India,Singapore and Thailand only.
Malaysia evisa SEV 30 days:
Malaysia evisa SEV 30 days is a single entry 30 days visa.we can provide Malaysia evisa SEV 30 days with in 3-4 working days max after you get us the documents and payment.
Malaysia evisa MEV 30 days:
Malaysia evisa SEV 30 days is a Multiple entry 30 days visa.we can provide Malaysia evisa MEV 30 days with in 3-4 working days max after you get us the documents and payment.
Benefits of applying through visamalaysia.in
How to know the status or verify the e Visa or eNTRI visa for Indians
You can visit the below link for verifying evisa or eNTRI visa. You can verify the visa by the sticker number.
Documents to be shown at the Immigration at the entry/exit points
These are the documents to be shown at the time of travel to the immigration officers
- valid passport
- evisa printout
- confirmed return flight ticket
- proof of accommodation
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can we get Visa on arrival (VOA) if we are travelling from India to Malaysia?
No, you are not eligible to get visa on arrival (VOA) if you are travelling from India to Malaysia.The Visa on Arrival for Indians facility can be used only by those travelling to Malaysia from a third country namely Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia holding valid visas for the respective countries and having confirmed return tickets to India.
What is the validity of Visa on arrival (VOA) for Malaysia?
Visa on arrival can be used for only 7 days max and it costs around 100 USD per head. Enforcement action based on the Immigration Act and Regulations will be taken against those who stay beyond the allowed duration . Better to opt for evisa which has a hassle free process while applying through visamalaysia.in.
Whether flight/hotel reservation required for applying through visamalayisa.in?
No, we will take care of your flight ticket and hotel reservation for visa purpose according to the dates you give using our private booking service. So you are under no risk of losing your money if your visa is cancelled or your plans change. You can book your own flight tickets after getting the visa approved which will make your money safe.
What would happen at the Immigration counter?
Once you present your eVisa or eNTRI note, you might be asked details such as how many days you would be staying in Malaysia? What is your plan? You might be also asked to present your return tickets and hotel bookings. Your e visa document might also be verified for spelling mistakes and other misinformation. This can lead to refusal of entry into Malaysia.